Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 2 of our Vaca

So it's been a little longer than a day since I've posted, but I found time today! ; ) So the first place we went was to the Manituo Cliff Dwellings. It's a remake of Mesa Verde cliff dwellings that you can go walk around through. It was neat to see and read about the history there.





This next photo we found these in a gift shop and thought they were funny!


The next place we went to was called the Cave of the Winds. We took tons of pics but hardly any of them turned out as well as they looked like in real life.
This next picture is what they call cave coral becuase it looks like under water coral. I think it's pretty!

Close to the top of the picture is what they call cave bacon. Do you see it?!?
This one was a column and then the floor shifted and the column broke.
The next place we went to was a cute little town called Manituo Springs. They had the best custard there yummo!


This bike was ginormous!!! I had the hardest time reaching the handlebars on that thing! This bike was just sitting on the sidewalk just begging for a photo! The last place we went to was called Seven Falls. It was beautiful!





This shows what a hike it was to get up there. I think there was at least 300 steps!!! Well I covered almost everything that we did our first full day in Springs.

1 comment:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

It's gorgeous there! I love the pics of you two on the bike! hahaha I also loved the JOHN WAYNE toilet paper! hahah Nice!