Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis the Season!!

Yay it's Christmas time! I love this time of year all except for the freezing cold weather. I think I have at least 2 cups of hot cocoa a day to help warm me up! Well since I haven't posted anything recently I thought I should get on. Our Thanksgiving was great. I had to work from 5 till 2. I came home and made buttermilk rolls and a pumpkin pie (pumpkin pie takes ages longer to cook than it says in the recipe). We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Sutherland side. We ate at the Old Rock Church and then stayed the night. The Gardener family was there which made it so fun! Their kiddos are such cuties!


Yesterday we went to a concert. It was the Forgotten Carols concert. I love all of that music! I really didn't see the whole story with those carols until we saw the show. Michael McLean was one of the main characters and he was soooo funny! Coming home we took the scenic route and "oooo'd and aaaa'd" at the Christmas lights. We are going to go down sometime this month and see the lights on Temple Square.

5 comments:

D.Suth. said...

a ha! finally a post.
have you never seen the forgotten carols before? His son even came to Kirtland and performed his own version of it once when we were there, although I prefer the original. This version had several actors.
glad you had fun

Katie said...

We don't miss the cold weather, that's for sure! Although it is nice to have snow for Christmas. We saw the Forgotten Carols way back, but we need to see it again because I forgot most of it! Thanks for blogging, good to hear from you.

Taylor and Cortney said...

I've always wanted to go see the Forgotten Carols! I'm glad it was good! Ummm, so we live in the same area and I never see you :) We should go to lunch at catch up!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I love this time of year! It's been so much fun to hang out with you guys!! We are sure gonna miss you! Ethan sure loves his Aunt Lexie and Uncle Casey! I am still chuckling at his reaction when you gave Ethan his birthday gift! I will never, EVER forget that! Thanks for coming and celebrating with us! It meant the world to Ethan!

I love the Forgotten Carols! Jon and I have been before and it was awesome!

Brianna said...

Hey Lexie! I was clicking on a bunch of different blogs and I found you! I thought I'd say "Hi" and that you look great! You also made me think I should go see then Forgotten Carols! :) Hope you have a great day!!!
(We have a blog too, but it's set to private! If you want to be blogging friends just email me your email! breezieloueezie@gmail.com)